I wouldn't use this in a presentation for the board of directors, but it can be useful if you need to visualize something on the spot.
I did this simple and mostly fictional org chart in less than 3 minutes. Hopefully my friends at HR Bloggers won't mind...
How to do it
- create a new Google Spreadsheet
- add 2 columns: first for employees, second for managers
- select the data you want to use
- click "insert", "gadget"
- click "diagrams", "organization chart", then "add to spreadsheet"
- insert a title and click "apply and close"